2.27.2013

What I Wore: Winter Gala

I recently attended a Winter Gala hosted by my boyfriend's employer. I decided not to wear the standard cocktail dress but instead opted for a cute skirt and blouse combo.

Skirt - Zara : Blouse - Moa Moa; Clutch - NineWest; Pumps - Michaelangelo (David's Bridal); Bracelet, Earings and Ring - Garbo (The Bay)
I chose this outfit because I had just purchased the leather detail skirt and had not had a chance to wear it (see my post on incorporating leather into your work wardrobe HERE.) I also didn't feel like spending money on a dress I would probably only wear one other time, which reminds me that I must try Rent Frock Repeat for my next semi formal event. I accessorized with cobalt blue jewelry and wore a pair of purple satin pumps that were worn only one other time, at my friend Kristin's wedding.  They added that last touch of class that I was looking for.












1 comment:

  1. Love how you threw in the pop of blue and purple! And I agree.. I hate buying dresses to wear them one time.

    ReplyDelete