11.26.2013

Jardin des Plantes

These pictures were taken in October so don't think it's like this right now in Paris, because it's pretty chilly. The Jardin des Plantes is one of my favourite places in the city. The name might give you a hint that there are plants in this park (as in most parks I guess...), but there are also several museums and a zoo. I figure a post about flowers and zoo animals is a perfect thing to make the start of winter blues go away.


Okay, so I have to warn you. The zoo pictures aren't the best. I was too distracted keeping DJB out of the cages.

It's a good thing flamingos are prettier than they smell and sound.

I love it when non zoo animal end up in the exhibits.

This guy refused to move.

Dee Jay Bee after all you can eat mussels.

Terrible picture? Yes. Coolest bird ever? Doubles Yes. The Kea is the only Alpine parrot in the world (it's from New Zealand) and I want one really bad. If you are really bored you can watch this: Kea

This thing was extremely suspicious of DJB.

Also suspicious...

One of these things is not like the other...

Black Jaguar...look at those teeth!

Hopefully the flowers and animals warmed you up (except maybe that last one). Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment