12.23.2013

Black and Gold at Musee de la Mode

Skirt - Zara; Turtleneck - H&M; Pumps - NineWest; Tights - Calzedonia; Belt - BCBG; Ring and Earrings - Market in Paris; Watch - Michael Kors; Serpant Bracelet - Stella & Dot
Last week I finally successfully ventured to the Museum of Fashion at the Palais Galleria. The first time I had tried to visit this museum, it was under renovation so I was extremely happy that it had reopened and that the featured couturier was Azzedine Alaia. Unfortunately, pictures were not allowed inside the venue which was a shame because there were some pretty amazing Alaia dresses on display. You may be unfamiliar with the designer but I'm sure you have seen his work on many celebrities including this classic Tina Turner ensemble as well as Rihanna at the 2013 Grammys. A few interesting tidbits I learned about the designer include that he does not have a store front and only holds fashion shows when he has something to show, on his own time frame.

I decided to be festive and wore all black and gold that day. I also incorporated gold hues into my eye makeup, which I don't do very often.




No comments:

Post a Comment